The principal defence covering the Humber Estuary was Paull Point Battery. Substantial further fortifications would be built running up to World War One on Spurn Head and Battery Godwin with 9.2-inch guns further to the north.
The armament in 1903 was based at Paulls Point Battery with:
- Three 6-inch Mark VII BL guns
- Two 4.7-inch Q.F.guns
The 1905 report recommended a reduction to one battery of two 6-inch Mark VII BL guns.
A disappearing searching searchlight, similar to the one at Fort Victoria on the Isle of Wight, was built on the shore by Paull Point Battery. There were an additional two electric lights on the foreshore here.