With the acquisition of most of the Kowloon Peninsular and Stone Cutters Island by the British in 1863, a whole new set of batteries was proposed and later built.
This submission, signed by the Governor of Hong Kong is dated 28th April 1864 and shows both the existing and proposed batteries. The sites are all shown as being “determined on by Secretaries of State for Colonies and War in September 1863”. (TNA MFQ 1/1372). The text in brackets shows the names that were subsequently given to these batteries when built.